View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 05:17 AM   #191
Ztyxx

Bike: M1200R
Smile First Ducati

Hi folks

Been on bikes many years and always loved the look and sound of the ducati's, but always held back due to the reliability issues sat on a 916 at a bike show back when they came out, felt it was way too small (i'm 6ft).

Smashed my hip december 2019 (at an ice rink) and thought i'd never get back on a bike again, I have an urban tiger, managed to get back on 6 months later but felt i needed something more upright, kept my eyes open and took a test run on a supermoto but seat height was just a tad to high to get the leg over.

During a chance visit to Ducati Glasgow with a mate checking up for recalls on his triumph, I spotted a ducati monster 1200 had a wee seat on it and thought yeah this is ideal, bit of disinterest from dealer (realised few days later bike was already sold).

Fast forward few weeks local bike dealer had a trade in, a ducati monster 1200r with full termi system and relatively low mileage, a 45 min test ride was all it needed, took it on a mix of local roads, dealer had recommended urban or touring mode but having been on bikes with absolute zero rider aids i quickly switched to sport ......wow ...sold

2 months later and I love this bike wish i'd got one sooner
Ztyxx is offline   Reply With Quote