View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 08:10 AM   #5
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Looks great......................except when people customise monsters they often create that hard straight line running from the headstock to the back of the seat (i.e. under the tank/seat), which in my eyes is totally alien to the great lines of a Monster. I think the original Monster frame is simply one of the most elegant frames ever, and although this style of custom does show more of the frame aesthetically the strong horizontal line detracts from the original engineering elegance.

There is a nice story about Fallingwater a house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright(FLW), visually the crux of the design was the exploitation of the counter-leaver design to create extended overhangs. However the building inspector didn't believe that it was actually going to stand up, so insisted on a support wall being constructed under one of the main overhangs which infuriated FLW of course. So he got the builder to build the wall leaving a gape along the top, i.e. making the wall totally functionless. Anyway my overly convoluted point is visually the the Horizontal line (referred to two pages ago) visually detracts from the engineer integrity in the same way that the supporting wall would have from the building.

If anyone understands what I'm trying to explain much less agrees with my thinking I will be some what amazed, you are of course welcome to simply right it off as total "B......t" Bitza