View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Europe by cake - MrsC's WDW 2016 tour report

Ok, technically it is Europe by Monster696, but the tour has developed a certain patisserie focus ...

Have finally got in front of a computer on day 12 of the trip. For the first time ever, this trip I wished I had a tablet computer or even a smartphone, rather than my trusty old Sony Ericsson. If any spelling goes hinky blame the Slovenian keyboard - less weird than a French one but still not quite right!

Day 1 - Saturday 25 June
Set off from home that afternoon, with a ride through Surrey & Wet Sussex (spelling deliberate) to Folkestone. The sort of conditions where you don't know what's round the next bend (how many inches/feet of standing/flowing water). As lightning struck ahead we took refuge in a McDonalds (shows how desperate conditions were) for a cheap cup of tea and blast from a hand dryer. Having set off in my leathers in good weather, by the time we stopped, there was no point getting waterproofs out. Andy was on a borrowed naughty corner bike, and enjoying it despite conditions - presumably exploring the urban/rain/max traction control modes. I was regretting having asked him to clean my Monster that morning, as it was now back to its usual state!

Checked into the Premier Inn at Folkestone, and had my last English beer &curry for a while in the pub next door. Ok, so pub curry isn't the real thing (curryphile methadone to Indian restaurant spicy heroin equivalent) but I wasn't sure when I'd get my next fix. Early night ahead of an early start.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote