View Single Post
Old 24-05-2022, 06:20 PM   #19
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
My thoughts for what they’re worth…

Definitely need new leadership, the current team have been in post way too long and whilst I’ve got a lot out of the club over the years, I just don’t have the time now to put my heart and soul into it as much as it needs.

The whole name change thing is bloody ridiculous imho, we’re the UKMOC and should stay that way even if it means ditching the links to the factory. The returns for blindly following their demands aren’t worth the effort and the club identity is worth more. As far as revenue is concerned to run this show, then ditching DMH opens up the option for all the decent independent workshops to advertise, many of whom the members already use, especially with the older generation of bikes.

I’ve spoke to Rob recently and fully understand and support his position, especially when dealing with the aftermath of his crash and the lingering issues he’s dealing with. As has been said, the more you put in the more you get out so we need someone to step up and keep this great club alive and kicking in the future.

I still have my two monsters and will always be grateful for the club in terms of technical help but more so for the friends I’ve made on here, it really is valuable asset to many and so deserves to continue without DMH dictating how we run things in return for some cheap freebies.

Ped
Soon to be ex-VP