View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 07:14 AM   #27
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Not really harsh, very blunt maybe. However this is the reason we decided we had to stand down en-masse, otherwise anyone remaining in post will continue to be tied to the forum indefinitely. As I said earlier, we’ve tried to step down before and are invariably met with no further candidates to be part of this team and a ‘carry on you’re doing a great job’, even though I don’t think we were. Liz stepped up to provide the third required person, when JP sold his Monster and started a family, despite being heavily tied to running a (successful) Classic TT team, serving on the Calne Bike Meet commitee, her job and her family commitments.

Yes, running a weekender is a huge task to take on… which is why Pedro and I (and the club founder, fatbloke, before us) never got involved in the nuts and bolts of running them… but always one with an end in sight, the club/forum would go on, with or without a weekender. Part of this is an endictment of my poor leadership skills (You see, I haven’t been doing such a great job after all, have I) having allowed us to get to this place at all, it was very nearly precipitated three years ago but for my reasonable level of fitness, an Arai RX7 and a Dainese back protector!

To focus on immediate issues: FWIW I agree about the name change and splitting with DMH and their ill conceived edict but assuming a team of three can be found to stand ‘til end of December that can wait and is just serving as a distraction. I listed it in the interests of full disclosure, so potential candidates wouldn’t feel ambushed. Then from January the team/commitee can be whatever size and shape it decides on.

With this in mind I strongly suggest any potential candidates contact me secretly to avoid becoming ‘the default position’ for everyone else. Otherwise the clock is still ticking like an allegory for global warming…

Last edited by slob; 26-05-2022 at 07:16 AM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote