View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #39
Brian.

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomartin11 View Post
So does this mean you've bought a M750 then Brian?
I thought I'd found one that ticked all my boxes, Motomartin. Low miles, low ownership, reasonable price and an hour from my home. But when I got there, there was tyre crumb galore on the tyres. I said to the seller that it looked like he'd obviously been riding it with great enthusiasm, he quite openly said he'd been using it on track days.

I really wasn't expecting that! The motor sounds great though, and the bike is in generally good order. But it's obviously had at least some really hard use, and is virtually impossible impossible to get it from first to neutral when cold. A bit too much clunk from neutral to first too.

So, it could just need the clutch bleeding, but the seller seems well competent enough to have tried that. It could apparently, from Zimbo above, perhaps be associated with the Oberon master cylinder. (Could that have been an attemp to cure it?) Or maybe clutch plates being warped from hard use? Or maybe there is a fault in the gearbox?

I could deal with most of those, but a gearbox fault could be expensive as well as being beyond my skills and toolkit.

So I don't know quite what to do! What do you think?

Last edited by Brian.; 07-10-2022 at 09:51 PM..
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote