View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #40
Martin C
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
This is driving me mad,,, The bike runs but will NOT TICKOVER or run below 3k revs on rear cylinder ,front cylinder and carb are perfect,

I have rebuilt the carb 4 times now with new parts it has been thoroughly cleaned , in ultrasonic bath twice , blasted with air ,, each time I have fitted it the fault is still the same ,,it has new float , new gaskets, needle, airscrews, even the pilot air cutoff valve is new ,,,baffling ???
The right hand front cylinder carb is fine

I have put other spark plugs , HT leads , coils and igniter units they are from one of my other bikes but the fault persists so its not Electrical ,, There are NO airleaks I have now spent some 80 hours on thsi one problem and im run out of ideas ???? totally baffled
Pardon me for asking, but are you absolutely certain it’s a carb problem? My M900 once had a very similar problem that was caused by a poor coil wiring connection, almost no copper strands were intact inside apparently good insulation at the connector. At higher revs normal vibration was evidently enough to cause a better contact path.