View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #13
MotoNik
Bronze Member

Bike: M600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo
Sounds like a good idea, see you on the grid???

Incidently, if anyone on here is seriously considering giving Desmodue a go next year, many of us have indicated support for an "adopt a racer" scheme, which basically means you attach yourself to a rider or team for a meeting or two and experience the whole thing - get there the night before, camp over in the paddock, help prep the bike, attend scrutineering and signing on, lend a hand in general bike prep / fueling etc, collect timing sheets, help with paddock stands, just generally muck in and see it all from the racer's perspective rather than as a spectator, and find out just exactly what is involved. It'll cost you nothing at all, apart from perhaps a tenner to get in if there isn't a spare ticket available (and there often is) and you'll gain a much better understanding of what is involved, and get to meet many of the competitors. If this sounds like you, let me know and I'll pass it on to the club so you can be paired up with whoever is short of help. Our remaining rounds are Donnington in August, Snetterton in September, and Cadwell Park in early October. We're all very keen to get numbers up on the grid, and you'll find a lot of support of every kind to help you on your way!
Emily and I are both up for that - neither of us can (sadly) afford to do the racing (I'd dearly love to, but I'm not quick enough), but we'd both love to muck in and help out round the pits. We wouldn't be able to make all the rounds, but would gladly pitch in assistance when we can.

I'm still thinking about going to the Assen event next year, just to wander around the paddock, slack-jawed at all the nice bikes!

cheers,

Nik

PS Nice one at Oulton!
MotoNik is offline   Reply With Quote