View Single Post
Old 25-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Perryl

Thanks for all the comments.

I found an article about the Multistrada and Ducati's official advice to dealers is to take the caliper off and bleed it with a nipple uppermost. I assumed that this must be the same with the Monster. It worked fine and now the brake is spot on.

By the way: I took off the back wheel anyway to give me better access, but I don't need to mess about with the exhaust. My wheel is really easy to take off (one nut) and nothing else. The ST2 and 3 are much more of a pain with conventional swinging arms.

I did buy a vacuum brake bleeder through Amazon Marketplace. It made no difference if the caliper was bolted to the bike. I didn't think that it was much use and posted a poor review of it. Amazon rejected it! A further investigation revealed that Amazon do not allow bad reviews where it takes the star rating below 4 - I think! I couldn't find anything on Amazon below 4 stars. There was even a laptop bag where more than one person had said the stitching had come apart. But the positive reviews kept the rating above four stars. Hmm... I am getting a little suspicious of Amazon