View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 09:58 PM   #228
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thursday started well, dry and bright with a gleaming Monster and dacs for company on his M1000Sie. As you know, it conked out about 30 miles in. Dacs insisted I carried on to meet Grumpy, while he was recovered to continue on his M750 on Friday.

Grumpy and I rode on to the digs in North Yorkshire via Lincolnshire. It rained and Grumpy's visor broke!

Visor damage assessment stop at Whitby Abbey. Note reasonably clean bikes.

View from the digs... Smashing when the Sun came out just long enough for supper al fresco, with a sea view.

Friday it rained hard all day until about 30 miles shy of Barrow and we managed to find the filthiest road in Yorkshire! My total miles from home to the gig; 424.
Saturday was fabulous with Adie leading the run at a sensible rate in sunshine with stunning views of all the scenery we missed yesterday in the murk and mire.

Sunday was gloriously laid back, we even had a train ride.

Colin was chuffed to bits!

I loved the views of the Isle of Man from the coast road.
Sympathy and empathy for Chris with his fuelling incident, but a great display of camaraderie to get him back on the road with hopefully no damage. You're in an elite set now Chris with the best..

Simply fabulous company all weekend, great rides, great views.. Magnificent!! Well done North West section.. And thank you all.

Hit rain on the gruelling A1 portion of the ride home, arrived home about 4pm after 980 miles over the 5 days out.