View Single Post
Old 24-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #47
Flip

Bike: M900
Agreed, although if you were desperate I guess you could swap in a pair of standard forks and punt on the Maxton ones hoping to get some of the outlay back?

Personally, with the original Marzocchi forks in my 900 I was limited in my options plus I’ve owned my Monster twenty years now so can’t see me selling it anytime soon So I guess it depends how bad you feel the Evo forks are for you for which route you take there.

I’m sure if there are Evo specific issues people will shout up but as for kit to take I would say the usual cable ties, insulation tape, multi-tool (mostly for knife & pliers), spare fuses (& ‘General Relay’ for the early bike’s) and a tyre repair kit.

As for genuine parts, Moto Rapido every time- what Luke and Craig don’t know isn’t worth knowing plus you’ll get a 10% discount just for mentioning UKMOC.

For timing belts I’ve been using ExactFit which are a fair bit cheaper than the recently inflated Ducati prices for the older bikes- not sure how they would compare to your Evo.

Last edited by Flip; 24-12-2020 at 10:20 AM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote