View Single Post
Old 25-02-2023, 09:39 AM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I didn't actually suggest pushing plastic tube over the screw. That sounds more fiddly than finding the screw with a screwdriver.

Maybe I should have taken more trouble to explain.
The tube could be metal, cardboard or paper. In true Blue Peter style, you can make a tube from paper and Sellotape, (sticky backed plastic.) in any diameter by rolling it round something, say, a pencil, or screwdriver maybe?

The idea is to make it a bit shorter than the screwdriver shaft and slide it over.
Then place the screwdriver on the screw by whatever means it takes and hold it there.
Next, hot glue whatever shaped bits of cardboard or whatever, to the tube and whatever comes close enough to stick to.
If it's rigid enough and big enough for the blade to pass through it should now be possible to slide the screwdriver in and out with care and find the screw every time by feel without having to see it. Just a guide really, I've no idea if it would work.

The principle is much the same as Adolf Galland's peashooter gunsight, which was very effective indeed for someone who failed the Luftwaffe eyesight test. (He memorized the eyechart to get to fly!)