View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 06:00 PM   #11
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I much appreciate your advice Mark. Thank you.
The GT's are on the Zero which is a bit of a porker @502lbs (228kg.)
My Monster is like a bicycle in comparison and the new standard BT023's are destined for that.
I was so impressed with the BT023's that I put on the 750SS that DaveR bought. So I put BT023GT on the Zero and 023's for the Monster. So surefooted and confidence inspiring.

Tyre nerdy story here; The Rosso 111 set that we cut off the Zero were so hard!
I was told that they most likely came from Pirelli's factory in South America, Brazil I think? Or possibly Mexico?
The theory is that they use a hot climate compound for that latitude otherwise they would melt in normal use. Stands to reason that Zero would source their tyres closer rather than from Europe, being based in California.
Hot climate compound (If there is such a thing?) didn't stand a chance of warming up in the British winter.
What do you reckon Mark? True or false?
Tyres sold in Europe need to be 'e' marked. Northern European tyres are also designed and altered for our climate.
Where a tyre is made is always printed on the sidewall somewhere. Always available to discuss tyres. Uts almost my fave hobby.
Of note, Japanese O.E tyres sold on European bikes are notoriously poor because though they are destined for Europe, the Japanese want stability and longevity over handling and 'feel'.

Happy that the GT's are on the Zero.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote