View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #13
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Aw! Stop it, it's getting embarrassing.
I think it's me who has the most thanking to do. All I did was name the place and time.

Grumpy did a cracking job of planning and leading the runs as well as co-ordinating with a show at Duxford and getting us into the display.
He was the one driving round the route in the pouring rain after a long days work, to make sure it all worked okay... Which it did.
Thanks also to everyone who executed the drop off system to fine effect, holding their nerve and waiting for as long as it took for the tail marker to appear... Saturday's was a 140 mile run and we all kept together.. Well done.

Special thanks to Utopia, who did a great job of Tail-End-Charlie on all the runs, making it possible for the rest of us to nail it at times, while he had to be very patient at the back.

Utopia also had a labour of love over the T-shirts with Rick-the-shirt, which resulted in a smashing design. I know this became very intense during the run up to the Weekender, but it all came good.

Behind the curtains Char sorted out a couple of barrels of real ale for our weekend, which seemed to be going down well during the afternoons and evenings.
Liz also cunningly planned a special batch of cakes to celebrate hers and Stafford's 6th wedding anniversary. Specially made by Ciro's mum and featuring some of their wedding photos.. They went down well.
Stinger101 was also burning his own petrol, transporting the Ducati blow up toys, to and from Silverstone.

Ciro of course was a magnificent host and his staff were working hard all weekend, with all leave cancelled. Not only doing so cheerfully and helpfully at all times but effervescing and enthusing. The hotel was the tops, with delicious food throughout.
(Grumpy's comment about keeping the noise down in the hotel grounds tickled me, with Ciro wailing round in his Lamborghini Hurican.)

Every time I asked for a hand doing something, I simply had the task taken out of my hands by willing helpers. everyone pitched in and made Sunday afternoon/evening a real pleasure.
Especially Alan and Grumpy, who helped me out with the vote counting and prize giving. I just can't do that P.A. thing.

Finally. (Don't worry, the fat lady is about to sing.) I got such a warm feeling from all of you splendid folk who took the trouble to come and have a good time. You had the good nature to paper over the cracks that I left and ultimately make it into an absolutely unforgettable Weekender... I thank you all.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 08-05-2018 at 09:13 AM..