View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #16
Lady-Bob

Sammye,

No disrespect mate, but if you've got a BR5 postcode then you are gonna be LOADED on your insurance.

I had that problem with my car insurance when I was living in the Crays but it didn't matter which part I came from... if it had a BR5 post code then you I loaded... Bike theft is so popular up your neck of the woods, just go up Hearn's Rise and check the burnt out bikes in the gipsy fields up there. I had one stolen from right under my front window when I was in Doveney Close, mid morning - the b&stards.

Try Ducati Insurance, and also try Bennetts. For the most part, you will be loaded because you haven't passed your test yet and they know you're not allowed to ride it... But you need it insured anyway incase someone breaks into the garage ..... At least you'd be clocking up some no claims bonus whilst it's sitting there doing nothing!

You just make sure that it's not sitting there doing nothing for long .... Have you booked your CBT, DAS test etc yet? when will it be? and who with? I did mine last year at Sidcup with LRMT at Catford - DON'T use Southern Riders, you'll be wasting your money - believe me ... I went there to do the CBT and NEVER went bak. LRMT at Catford Greyhound Stadium are brill - great trainers and great instruction. Did the test at Sidcup .. the bloke followed me in a car, so he couldn't hear much of whether the engine revs were too high etc.., cos he kept telling me to pull over and wait for him to catch me up cos he got caught in all the traffic!