View Single Post
Old 19-09-2022, 07:54 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
With the bike weighed for reference, I can now start taking bits off and adding others.
The first thing I did was remove the original suicide stand and fitted one from a 620ie, this is identical to my M900Sie and doesn't flick up, but has a switch to cut out the ignition when down. I will wire this in when the time comes but as yet I don't know which cable to cut to splice it in. Unfortunately, my wiring diagram for the 900 does not show the stand switch! I will have to check the cable colours on the 900. Unless of course anyone can help out with a wiring diagram showing the stand switch?

Keeping the weighing going with my fancy new scales, I compared the new and old stands complete with brackets. Original; 0.4kg. 620ie; 0.08kg.. Ouch, not a good start and I'll be fitting a centre stand too!

I measured the free length of the forks from beneath the bottom yoke to the axle centre, so I can get the new forks in that exact position to retain the SS geometry and set the sags from there.
The rear is teasing me at the moment. I don't know how to measure the rear axle's relative position to the frame. This would be done fully extended and unloaded, so I can set sags from that position, but I don't know what to measure to as the seat rails will be coming off and there will be no reference, maybe I will have to make a fixture of some sort on the frame to measure from? Any ideas greatly received.