View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #22
hhmunro

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Velocette = motorcycle and sidecarp.

You had me going with your T160 Lightening Rob. I've never heard of that model. Vincent had a Black Lightening and BSA had the A65 Lightening. Maybe you were thinking of the X75 Hurricane?

I had a phwoar moment when I first clapped eyes and ears on a 750GT in about '75.
I only really had eyes for Triumphs in the 70's though and finally got my own Bonnie in '81.
I ticked that box several times through the 80's and 90's with several 650 and 750 Bonnies and Trophies/Tigers. I really do like the look of the T160 but not sure if Triumph number 12 will be another twin or a tripe hound. (I won't get a thirteenth.)
Really fancied the Moto Morini 3 1/2 sport and managed to tick that box with a real gem of a 1975 double sided front brake model.. The real McCoy.
Ducati released a model in 1993 that stole my heart, stylish seat not unlike a G50/7R, big red tank much like a G50 and a near vertical timing chest.. Very nice and not all covered in plastic either. I eventually managed to tick that box just into the Millennium and I'm on my second one which I think is near perfection for a motorcycle. (Gold timing covers like a G50.)
You have to kiss a lot of frogs if you want to marry a prince and I got through a lot of dogs. My saying back in the day was "So many bikes and only one of me!".
I still think the M900Sie is about as good as it gets, but I still very much hold a candle for a Gold/Black 750GT... Working on it..
Had a red and white 750GT, first Ducati, bought it from a guy in Bristol who sold it to buy sails for the boat he was leaving the UK in his yacht... Then a 900 Darmah, then a 350 desmo single.. ironicaly I sold my 1000cc Le Mans when I sailed away from the UK in '97 in mine...