View Single Post
Old 30-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Had a great ride over there without freezing for a change. I picked my way across country from the end of the Guyhirn straight towards Stamford and even though I didn't follow my planned route, it got me there and was a pleasant ride with no time constraints in the Sun.. Better than battering down the A47 and A1..

Oakham was gridlocked due to the country boys show, I must have filtered for a solid mile or more.

Great to meet up with Mark and Tracy again and my old mate who now lives in Oakham.
Sadly I got a message from DaveR saying he had gone to his bike this morning to come and see us, but found the rear tyre flat and with a lump of metal in it.. Sorry Dave.. That was a let down..

The DOCGB arrived noisily with a nice selection of Ducatis including some big Monsters, though I must say that I saw some of the widest chicken strips ever on some of the bikes!!
I'm assuming the Laverdas came after I left as I didn't see your mate Patrick.

I'm not going to mention Marks first attempt at pulling away! Maybe you could use some "remove before flight" tags mate?..

About 220 warm miles and great to be back in the saddle again for a decent road trip, although the traffic was epic on the trunk roads.. Superspreader bank holiday weekend eh?