View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #33
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lodger View Post
I will happily buy your airbox lid should you wish to sell it. Please let me know if you do.
Will do. At the moment, I am keeping my options open about how I do this build. One option is to undertake the full rebuild trying to find as near original replacements for anything that has been changed, but run it with the upgrades like the silencers and airbox/K&N filter, knowing I can make it OEM with no more than a couple of hours work.

One of the things that will irreversibly change the course of the project will be how I decide to refinish the engine. I see 3 options
  1. Vapour blast as Buzzer did ( Ive done this on both the Laverda and partially on the XR)
  2. Get the motor refinished in as near the same finish as OEM,( I havent found out what that was, yet.)
  3. Use get Sandwell to apply Xylan coating in grey, which should be very similar to OEM but be much more resiliant. (Which I have used on the XR and Im told by them is something they commonly do for Ducati owners.)
This is the XR motor finished in Vapour blast for the barrels, head and inner casings and Xylan Grey and Quartz for the casing covers.
https://flic.kr/p/2jXGReR