View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #23
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Thanks guys I had already tried both.
Allens was my first port of call and next I tried Eurocarb via their website but nothing available at either.
I bought the bike in 1989 because I saw it rusting away in a garden in North London. I got it cheap (£50) and had nowhere to store it so I parked in my late dad's shed in Acton. He got enthusiastic about it and did a pretty good job of restoring it as a retirement project 1990/91. I rode it for about 6 months but it was always the third bike, GS400 as a commuter, and 750SS for holidays and trips, although before I got the 750SS I did a 3 week tour of Italy (2 up) on the GS400 (hard work). In 1994 I moved to Bromley and the Morini found itself again in my dad's shed. It stayed there until 2010 and suffered badly as my father became ill with leukemia he did not have the energy or enthusiasm to repair the shed and rainwater and Italian metal are not good bedfellows.
I have had it stored where I am now for the past 10 years knowing that one day I would get round to it. The missing jet is a real puzzle as it rode nicely when I last rode it 1993/4 and I am pretty sure my dad knew enough about carburetors to put back what he took out, having always messed about with motorcycles (Velocette MSS) and running a JAP powered Morgan 3 wheeler for about 6 years.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote