View Single Post
Old 16-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #81
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
It if it were done at Redditch where I got mine done and badly advised by someone its bsa gold which is close to 97 but it appears to have gloss lacquer not satin. That's why I did mine again and why my faults came to light after it shrunk back. As we all know any gold is a problem. Silver and grey and black not so much until you get to darks or 1100s where it has Metallic in the paint. Just leave it and know it looks great and good restoration not factory resto.
it was done at Redditch... but I asked for gloss as I don't like the satin/matt look on the original... the gold they do is pretty close to be honest if its done Matt...

I did the bike below a couple of years ago for a mate... it was pretty mint already apart from some acid stains on the frame... I went to my local paint shop and asked them to match it... they got it very close, but gave me some tint, and matting agent to do the final match myself. by a bit of trial and error, I got it spot on and touched it in with an air brush... you simply could not tell when it was done, my mate was over the moon... So it can be matched. I am not too precious about getting exact matches... back in the 80's I used to do some paintwork for Slaters... it was interesting that you could have several bikes in the showroom, all original, all different shades of reds, greens and orange! The orange was the worst... you still get the Laverda guys stressing about getting the "original" Jota orange!

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote