View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
The official SC project one would still be my choice (I have the Titanium version but I think the fittings and dB killer are just ordinary SS) but it seems very expensive if there is postage on top of the Euro65. Luddite's find at 38 + 14 postage seems better value and I am sure it would fit because the instructions make it clear that it is machined to fit the 51mm id. I'm not sure why it needs a black coating if it is SS anyway, also it is a different design. I agree that the orifice into which it fits is 51mm, hopefully the coating does not interfere. Circlips come in even sizes at that diameter and the standard 50mm clip is about 52mm expanded and so fits nicely into the groove. A 52mm clip is way too big. Thickness of these standard clips is also correct for the groove. What a nightmare, once upon a time there were things known as shops and dealerships where you could look at and touch and measure this sort of thing and be sure of what you were buying, but then again there wasn't much choice.
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote