Thread: New 620 Owner
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #10
velosam

Bike: M1000ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Hello and welcome Sam.
I rode a 620 for the first time only this year and would agree with you 100% about the grin factor. Nice and lively and light..

+1 for exactfit belts. They are about the same price as Ducati belts now, but they will go three years instead of the two years for Ducati belts, so quite a saving.
Change those belts sooner rather than later if you don't know the history of them.
They can be a liability if the bike has stood for a long time. At least examine them closely for any cracks or fraying, make sure they are nice and supple and check the tension.

Bike looks mint by the way..
Cheers, the belts were done two years ago according to the previous owner, I'm not likely to ride it now as the weather up here in Scotland is pretty crap - greasy roads all over the place, so I'll be getting the belts done sooner rather than later. I definitely want to do it myself so that I start off knowing when they were done.

Good info re: 3yr period, that really helps make my mind up - good to hear that the Exactfit belts get the thumbs up here.

The bike hasn't stood, I've got all the old MOT certificates and it's just done low miles each year. I reckon it's been garaged for all of that time as there's hardly a spot of corrosion anywhere, even the front cylinder head is still clean (albeit with a tiny bit of bubbling).
velosam is offline   Reply With Quote