View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
My forks show 20mm out of the yoke, that's to the top of the flat on the fork end, not to the top of the hexagon.

20mm is about as far out as they will go without hitting the handlebars, which, incidentally are mounted on higher risers on the Sie.

It's all relative really, if you play around with the rear ride height then you should adjust the front to suit as well. unless you're looking to change the handling characteristics.

If you have less fork out of the yoke then it will require more steering effort but be more stable, more out of the yoke will lighten the steering but slightly reduce stability.

In conjunction with the rear ride height; raising the rear does the same as dropping the front and vice versa. Obviously if you wish to retain your present geometry then you need to do the same to both ends.

You're not likely to make it dangerous by over adjusting but do make sure that both forks are the same amount above the yokes.

I seem to remember the 280 and 296 measurements from the bottom yoke don't make much sense. I wouldn't worry too much if yours's doesn't match those figures.