View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #13
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've done the light fly wheel and slipper clutch mod on my S4 and wouldn't go back to the old setup, it's much more responsive so you get better roll on acceleration but you do loose a lot of engine braking so you have to adjust your riding style to suit but once you get the feel of it, it's all good. Like Dukedesmo says though it is more prone to stalling but I've only had problems when the engine is cold. If you let it warm up properly then it's fine and no problem in traffic either. Gear change is also improved by the better clutch and lighter flywheel too.

I would say the oil cooler swap is a good idea but you probably don't need both old and new, just go for the bigger one.

One mod not mentioned is the exhaust and I would suggest you could free up some horsepower by fitting some larger headers with a spaghetti manifold to match your hi-levels. Especially if you are going to do head and cams, but it would benefit even the standard engine. 916 S4 engine gets 10% more power and a lot more torque with the bigger Termi headers.

5 spoke Marchesini style wheels would be a cheaper option than carbon ones and more practical, although they are only about 500g per wheel lighter than the standard 3 spokers but you will probably notice the difference. Look nicer too imho.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote