View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Hi well I did most of the above with a 900ie, ..................well what a gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lightening the flywheel, gives you a much more responsive engine, 944cc helps with raising the comp ratio hence more torque, the but is that it did feel a lot more racey a bag of nails if you try and ride slowly around town. I found that I was just thrashing it all the time because the harder you pushed the better it felt. I've found all aluminium clutches to be far quieter than the steel version which is no bad thing, if it's going to make noise the least it can do is make you go faster. I did start with carbs but I wasn't impressed, those long inlets you just know that was a bad idea, and don't get me started on icing up carbs. I happen to have a 2001 wiring loom for an ie. and a Powercommander too. Going injection was probably the best mod I made to my 94 M900, you'll have to put a ding in the frame cross brace above the rear inlet, and put a fuel pump in the tank etc, but hey are you a man or a mouse? Bitza

Last edited by Bitza; 07-10-2020 at 10:10 PM..
Bitza is offline   Reply With Quote