View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
An old'uns mid life crisis, the bike not me, though.....

Hi folks
While the bike is being spruced up, I’ve been thinking, hmmm there’s a box of bits and pieces accumulated over the years and a little cash in the kitty where would I get my best bang for my buck.

Bike is a 1994 M900, at the moment it has Remus cans (free-er than standard but not open) and FCR41 carbs.

I’d like to give it a bit more go for street riding, occasional trackday but very little round town and on a limited budget.

1. Cams. I have some IE cams on the shelf, worth fitting to a long manifold carby? Any benefit at all? The heads are coming off anyway.

2. Lightweight flywheel – just about in budget.

3. 944 capacity – ages ago I bought some 944 pistons and a pair of the correct barrels but haven’t got around to getting them bored and plated. Worth the money of boring and plating?

4. V shaped oil cooler to go under horizontal cylinder in addition to the standard one. Got one on the shelf, just need the lines.

5. 999RS oil pump – 17420263A – worth getting one as insurance along with the extra oil cooler? Are they a straight swap for the standard one?

6. Ally clutch basket to replace the much filed standard steel one, with ally plates. Less rotating mass. Worth it?

7. Blow the cash on drugs and hookers?

8. Other options? What have you got on the shelf you'd like to part with?
crust is offline   Reply With Quote