View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
Alexandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I had a similar issue on my carby 900- exactly the same symptoms you describe- only on very hot days (we get a few in the UK) and usually when in heavy traffic which is not my normal riding environment.

It turned out to be a fuel vapour lock caused by the deterioration of both the vacuum fuel tap and the vacuum fuel pump diaphragm. The fuel pump is re-buildable but the tap isn’t so needs to be bought as a replacement Ducati part.

While I was doing that I also replaced all the vacuum and fuel supply hoses so at the very least it would be worth checking for any cracks or splits in those as the vacuum pipes would also not help the pumps supplying enough fuel to the carbs.
I have read ur topic/post it might have sens. Because the simptom is happening when i leae from work on 27 ° and imagine that the bike temp get high plus the trafic it gows realy high my legs dont like it...in the mornings it does reach the operating temp (its still a 25 kms drive ) but due to low temps and the fact that the trafic is lighter it doesent do the problem.