View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
tridentperu

Bike: M600
M600 carb problems

Hi,

This is an ongoing saga, and I thought I was near a solution... When I got the bike it was in a poor state, with one carb flooding and generally running badly. I farted about setting float heights that were miles off, all to no avail. It turned out in part, to be a knackered fuel pump. Sorted that out with a rebuild kit. Finally, being unable to stop the flooding I invested in a couple of carb seal kits and a pair of float valve kits from Allens - problem solved - no more flooding. Great.

Now, the problem is the bike starts and idles but as soon as you give it any throttle it just won't go - like it is starved of air. Revs ok with no load, but on the road, terrible.

Further inspection reveals that the diaphragm slides do not move when I rev the bike - I suspect this is the root of the new problem? Can anyone confirm before I pull the airbox off to have a look at the diaphragm sealing area? I am ok with slide carbs but these CV carbs are new to me.

I am getting really good at taking the carbs on and off now though - so it hasn't all been a waste of effort!!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jim
tridentperu is offline   Reply With Quote