View Single Post
Old 17-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Interesting that they state that "this tank can be used on ALL Ducati Monsters with carburettors, if used with a 900SS '91-'97 fuel pump (carb model)".
Filed for future reference.

I believe that Dukedesmo has a similar tank on his carbed, big bore 900 special, though I'm not sure which pump he used.
I was gazing at my 750SS a few minutes ago and pondering your post.
Mine is an injection model.. A 750SSie to be precise.. I would have thought that it would have the same fuel pump, regulator and fuel rail set up as my M900Sie of the same year.
Whether or not the carb model pumps are the same or different I wouldn't know, but I believe they employ a fuel rail similar to the ie models. I imagine the difference is in the pressure required by carbs or injectors and therefore there would probably be different regulators employed for the specific system. If the pressure requirements are greatly different then I imagine that different pumps would be employed, of optimised delivery, otherwise just using the specific regulator might be enough?

That tank looks like it is carved from a big blob of Pork Cheese! For that money you could buy a tidy tank and get a nice spray job on it..