View Single Post
Old 19-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
You're welcome Darren.
I noticed they are out of stock too, which is frustrating, hopefully they will soon be re-stocked.
There doesn't seem to be very much consistency of supply with these LED type bulbs. I can't actually find any trace of the first 2 chip bulb I bought, so maybe it has just gone obsolete or what I don't know?
I notice that that they rarely display any brand name and there doesn't seem to be a "market standard" to speak of, just a bewildering variety of sizes and types.

I don't know why they all have such large heatsinks, the 4 chip one that I linked to, has a fan in the heatsink too. I thought that LEDs were a greener alternative to "hot bulbs" and use less current, so I don't know where the heat is coming from? I'm guessing that it's generated in converting the current into something LED friendly?

The other thing you have to watch out for in the listings, is that they often give the outputs for a pair, so you have to half that for a single bulb... It's also rather rare to find them listed singly. They are starting to compare favourably to conventional bulbs pricewise and you do at least get a spare if you buy a pair... Except I seem to give my spares away!

They do often give all the measurements of the bulbs with the listing, which is handy, but we need to find a way of measuring the gap between the bulb holder and shell?? Ideas anyone?