View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #561
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
More wiring today, but good progress was made.
I have the following wiring left to do (list primarily is primarily for my benefit you understand):
FastBikeGear Hall effect triggers to Ignitech box will probably not do this until the engine is re-built and back in the finished frame;
Ignitech box to coil (mainly shortening leads and re-attaching coil connectors);
Mosfet regulator connectors – wires run but will terminate when the bike is in final build because the length will be critical with my under-bottom yoke mounting (also have not worked out which way round the wires go, have to research R1 wiring diagram);
2 pole AMP female connection to the Z1000 starter solenoid (have not worked out which way round the wires go, have to research Z1000 wiring diagram);
1 x 5 pole male AMP connector to the instruments from the main loom;
! x 5 pole male AMP connector for rear light, number plate light, brake light, left and right indicators and earth;
Strengthened alternator cables and home-made hexagon brass screw connectors (I have something in the lathe that I do not want to disturb to make the hexagon screw connectors also I need to solve the sealing problem of the gland in the alternator case);
Power supply for the rear-view CCTV camera and to the instrument screen;
Spurs for right and left front indicators;
Put 3 terminals on various earth leads;
Make the Battery to earth 16mm sq cable;
Make the solenoid to starter motor 16mm sq cable (will probably not do this until the engine is re-built and back in the finished frame, routing issues with oil cooler pipes and the Hall effect ignition trigger wiring);
Wrap the main loom with non- adhesive tape and general tidy up, (thanks Utopia good suggestion).
Probably about 15 hours left to do then.
I am pleased I managed to remember to include in the main loom a flying lead for external battery charging without removal of the battery.
I want to fit a voltmeter but I am unsure of where to connect it, - advice/ideas gratefully received.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote