View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #462
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well the date is set for next week when Monster gets a trip in a van to be commissioned and MoT'd by Ducati Proteam. She goes this coming Monday so this time next week it could be good news or bad.

Everything is working now as far as I can see except a spongy front brake. I managed to sort the rear and just purchased my own vacuum bleed pump so over the weekend will attempt the fronts again.
Seat catch mechanism needs minor adjustment as not clicking in so may need a pair of washers under the plate and the oil feed tap doesn't feel positive shut so maybe the spring has lost some compression so will add a washer to that.
I also have to remove throttle as the plastic washer is not in there and when the new grips were fitted the throttle doesn't quick return as slight grabbing on throttle case side. The washer stops the grabbing and I missed it out.
Other than that its all done and really needs just an expert check oversee before starting her up once the oil is put in and some fuel in the tank.
Wish me luck and I hope next comment from me is pictures and video bearing good news.
How exciting for you to be almost ready to hit the road on the project bike! I'm sure everything will be fine and look forward to a pic of you sitting on the bike grinning!