View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #556
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Made some good progress on the wiring yesterday, 3 (or 4) more days like yesterday and it should be done.
I came up with a cunning wheeze to support the wiring into the MUV2 unit which I am quite pleased with. To connect into it I strip the wire and fit an aluminium crimp piece, sheath it in heat, shrink then insert that into the location and screw down the connection screw. Job done, but I have noticed that with all the movement of wires in that area as I build the loom that the connections have become looser and I am thinking that usage on the bike with vibration and push and pull loads on the loom from handlebar movements could cause these crimps to fracture. I also want to be sure that should maintenance be necessary anywhere in that area requiring disconnection of the MUV2 unit that it is easy to identify which wire goes to which terminal on the MUV2 unit.
Using 2 bits of 15mm self adhesive draught excluder strip, pressed together on either side of the cables has provided just the right amount of resilient support for each wire and maintains their orientation viz-a-viz the MUV2 terminals should I ever have to take them out
Sorry the picture is a bit dark.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote