View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 12:39 PM   #7
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TSS View Post
Dukedesmo: what about the placement of the filter in the system if it ends up on the return to the tank it is too late?
In a 916 tank the filter is in the tank as is the regulator so the fuel is filtered, pumped out and returns to the tank to face the regulator on return, this creates the correct pressure in the 'loop' and therefore at the injectors . As such the orientation of the out/in lines makes no difference whatever as the fuel is always filtered on the way out.

I believe (at least some) Monsters are different? my (carby) Monster has a fuel-injected model tank and it too has an internal filter but no regulator.

I have set it to circulate a loop which has a 'T' (actually a 'Y') to feed the carbs and the excess fuel just returns to the tank but (I believe) the fuel injected Monster it originates from has an external regulator built into the throttle body assembly? In which case the out and in would matter otherwise you'd be pumping fuel to the backside of the regulator and not getting to the injectors? It would still be filtered though.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote