Thread: Date announced
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
stopintime

Bike: S2r
My experience based on 2010 (June), 2012 (June) and 2014 (July):

Lowest 30 Celsius at night / highest 42 Celsius afternoon. That's in the shade... which more or less became my obsession. Lots of water and salt supplements helps.

I did the 20 min included track session and had a blast. Riding on a MotoGP track is magical.

Lots of other cool things going on. Group rides are well organized. MotoGP + SBK riders, historical (Foggy!!!) and current are doing track stuff, signing your stuff, on-stage presentation. Less than half price outlet for apparel and accessories. Factory and museum yours. Barbeque, fireworks, huge bike parade from the track and through downtown. Great for those who don't mind the heat, pushy Italians and lousy logistics. I'm not a fan, but even as a grumpy fart I'm glad I went.

Not many bike thefts, but it only takes one to ruin your week/month/year. I bring a sturdy disc lock and use my alarm all the time. If street parking was my only option, I simply wouldn't go. Locked garage, thank you!

Previous years I have shared a villa B&B with Brits. My first WDW was great - everything was new and exciting. I wouldn't have attended the other two if it wasn't for my Brit friends and the days in the mountains before and after. Norway -> Alps is 2,000 km each way - covered by ferry and train. Then ~2,000 km mountain riding.

Budget: mountain days ~£ 150 each. Misano days.... depends... but the hotels double/triple their rates this weekend. Typical three star hotel £4-500 for three nights. I want a locked garage, so I'll need to pay a little more. Yes, of course there are less expensive alternatives.

This is MY experience. Even if you're (hopefully not) as heat-grumpy as I am, it's a great experience and I haven't heard anyone saying they regret going.
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote