Thread: M821 opinions?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #15
Fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Fuzzy.....that's some miles in a year, are you mostly in sport mode? You mention the suspension, have you made any alterations in that department ?.
Sport mode is good fun but most of my riding is done in touring and in icy conditions I turn it down to full retard (urban)... she's being ridden all year round rain shine or snow 👍🏻

I'm looking at fitting a cartridge kit possibly andreani because they seem to be highly regarded and the price is reasonable and potentially a wilbers adjustable shock in time for next season when she's not being used every day.

FYI the monster 1200S forks should be a straight swap. I've checked part numbers for all the spacers, triple clamps etc. Would appear to be a straight swap... costs of the forks are a joke though would rather get the cartridge fitted.

Paint on the rear sets has worn through to bare metal which has been sealed off from the elements and boot guards have been fitted to prevent further damage.

Have fitted an exan slip on as the paint on the standard has flaked off (not impressed) but then it's probably done 7 years worth of mileage in 11 months. And it's been off the road for 3 of them with a heavy crash on my winter hack (Kawasaki Z300) only other mod I'm considering is doing away with the exhaust valve and a new map because I've had the exhaust valve replaced twice now under warranty as it's seized and burned the motor and sensor out (Common fault).