View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #409
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Got myself a couple of gifted items today from Blueprintz George. Sent me down a nice condition oil breather catch tank with no grazes and a dash trim the alloy part which is borderline better colour black. Trouble is looking at my speedo and idiot lights it shows them up a bit. Never really looked close up at them but they are fine to use. I have an annoying digit not clicked round properly the 5 of the 25000 ish one. Hoping that may sort when used.

Been busy locking up stuff on the brake and clutch lines and oil lines. I actually ran out of copper washers @30 so had to do another order. There are needed for a full new on the bike at least 38 standard 10mm ones plus some 8mm on oil lines and then some alloy ones on the hoses and then the carb manifolds small 5mm and 6mm ones.

Didn't manage to get to pick up tea tray bolts today but I got delivery of my next possible fix and that I got 5 of each M8 x 40mm stainless bolts and 10 M8 x 50mm steel ones to reduce the thread down on a lathe or file it round to 6mm diameter then I can die it down to M6 and trim to length. They are just slightly under the head diameter by 1mm but use the same 5mm allen key and will look fine. I went for the stainless firstly because can be used straight away and thought I might get the steel ones done and get replated some time later if I get more work done on another bike build so they match original.

Always up for trying to replicate.

Hermes still not delivered my clutch slave and hope that don't go missing as they tried to deliver on Monday saying being back Tuesday. no show then no card through the door either.

Swing arm has reached first destination and will be flying over here next few days.

Have emailed HM racing about sorting out my ohlins so will be without a rear shock for a while so may as well leave swing arm off until then. I was thinking about getting a stock one in the meantime but no real point.

Hoping to get carbs all on tomorrow and oil lines all tightened up.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote