View Single Post
Old 24-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #398
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Some small work has been done and some looking at diagrams and pics detailing on Stein Dinse led me to the fact that the rectifier on my bike is an aftermarket lash up trying to sell a universal one to suit all models with an adapted lead almost 2 ft too long. I have now ordered one that's the same fitment so can be fitted as neat as original.
Also ordered a brand new chain guide as the bottom of mine may decide to get chewed by a chain as its slightly rotated backwards so a OEM new one is fine.
Now the piece that's rocking horse poo allegedly I nearly got two of by mistake and have a pretty mint full early side stand coming complete with wiring cable which was missing on mine. I saw a black one first made an offer then saw the silver one also made offer nearly had to buy both.

So the rectifier is here tomorrow and will fit in the original place and not at an angle like the other and wiring will fit along the rail neat.
I fitted the vacuum pump tonight but had to swap mounts over and confusion on pipe work that looks original over routing it. I may well buy complete new hose and clips and route it better as the lower pipe is about 10mm from barrel.
Choke cable also confused by the route as cable is really longer than needed imho but is tidy and works although doesn't seem to have a stop/set in any position.
The ohlins in position now with bracket but had no response from Kais on email about another hose or re gas remote.
Cambelt covers now fitted back and the clutch too and that sides looking nice.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote