Thread: First bike?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #10
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
i personally believe 796 or 803 would be fine. look at the power of them around 87 hp compared to 71hp of the er6 so not a lot in it really. having said that a 1200 is a different beast altogether. not saying its a no go as like slob said they only go as quick as you twist the throttle but you could definitely get yourself in trouble a lot quicker on one. youll find the power in the ducati v-twins a lot lower down and wont have to rev it like a 4cyl. this along with the engine braking pays to be a lot smoother which really is a good practice to get into anyway. Id agree that something ludicrous straight away will be crippling with insurance but if you look at the older stuff an early 750 would give you enough power to not get bored, still be easy to work on and some places will do it on classic cover. i had my 900ss and my monster 750 on a joint policy for £110 a year.
do your test, have a look round see what takes your fancy then come back and ask for opinions. even if its not a monster i think people will give you some fair pointers on here.
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote