View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
Kcekelkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I've not heard of 696s suffering this problem, but a lot of the components are shared so it is possible as the tensioner rollers are the same as the Evo's.

Don't forget that the vertical cylinder runs hotter than the horizontal, which can lead to the belt running tighter than the horizontal. So you might want to check the tension; a lot of people advise having a lower tension on the vertical belt to take this into account. The usual guidance, if you're using the Allen key method to check the tension, is to use a 5mm for the front belt and 6mm for the rear.

Having said that, the Ducati workshop manual (for the Evo) shows the same tension on both cylinders.
It's a 695 not a 696 (Older block) and currently with the allen key method I've found the rear and front to fit the 5mm key with the same ease (cold engine)

I guess that tells me that the rear is a bit on the tight side. I'll sort the tension and report if it is ok. It is deffo not bearings since ive opened both covers and the bearings on both cyls are rotating good.