View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #20
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Hi Dave, I hope the nurses looking after you are all cute!

Ducati Monsters are beautiful things - I just bought a 900i.e a few months ago, and plan to have it on the road in few weeks.

As I have spent the last thirty odd years living overseas, I have ridden on US, Mexican and Spanish licences. Now that I will be living here, I had to take my UK bike test, and technically I am a recently passed learner too in terms of UK bike insurance. Some insurers declined to quote me, but there were several others who would and prices for fully comp started at 230. You should be able to find similar prices (maybe even better ones!) as we are almost the same age. Insurance companies may view older bikes as "classic" and the premiums are sometimes lower... If you want anymore info re the insurance or how the test really is, drop me a pm.

Its always good to see people making their dreams come true, so goodluck with the medical stuff, the bike course and finding a great Monster.

Let us now how its all coming along over the next weeks & months. Everyone here is really helpful and there's no shortage of knowledge or friendly advice.