Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #7
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scoops View Post
Hi All,

I've just joined the forum, coming to biking at the age of 43 with my two wheeled motorised fun being an 80cc moto cross bike in the field when I was a kid and scooters on holiday.

I have always fancied a monster and its now top of my shortlist for my first proper bike.

I am considering a 1078cc and was wondering if this would a good place to start or should I opt for a smaller engined version first?

Also did the later EVO version offer a significant improvement over the older bike?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2scoops
Blimey, well only you will know the truth but have I got this right- you had a field bike when you were a kid, whizzed around on a scoot while on your hols and that you've not ridden a road bike in the UK but want to plump right in on an 1100 Monster?

Have you passed your test etc?

I only ask as I know many will say bikes only go as fast as you twist the throttle but there are limits and it is very easy to be hauled along deceptively fast on a big V-twin and get yourself into a spot of bother.

Not wanting to sound like the fun police but why not buy a little-un now (can still be a Monster of course) for cheap money, blat around through the rubbish months to come then sell it on in Spring time without loosing a heap of cash when you have more experience and buy the shiny bike of your dreams then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p View Post
and of course the Evo is the best Monster out there
Lets not get that one started here just yet- but at least your bike IS red!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottsbiker View Post
Welcome

Give it a few more years with the way prices are going and the M900 will be more expensive than the 1100's

Must admit I was tempted to buy the Evo on here rather than get a 2k loan out to build my M900 up. Just missed an S4R low mileage for £2700 locally
Yes a little worrying that first thought- we're all going to be too paranoid to leave them anywhere if that happens and I love going away and touring round on mine.

Don't tell anyone here but I think you did the right thing spending it on the 900 and not buying one of the others.