View Single Post
Old 29-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #78
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy View Post
Sorry late joiner ! looking mega mate - no surprise there though.

had a cowl you could have had for a donation to riders for health but see you're sorted mate.

so what's my old tricolore up to these days. Miss that bike !
If the cowl is ready painted red and with correct decal would still be interested mate. I don't know about tricky as the owner declined to get back so abandoned that idea. She may still have or may have moved it on.

Tons of work to do though as this is almost preparatory work. Look out for some good stock exhausts chamfered or not is ok but need cheap as little money.

So tonight after a plan to try and gently sand blast this 2 pack gloss metallic with gold fleck lexus painted cambelt covers which sort of failed I went down the route of getting a satin black finish paint from Halfords along with some gold for the brakes and a primer for the bare metal.
The reason I wanted rid of paint was purely to get to the plastic and just keep them clean but I actually think they look good now but how will they last is the question.

I keyed them back and the one that took the blasting I had to flatten right back to plastic but I could not do that to the rest as too many shapes and nooks and crannies.
They have had about 3-4 light coats and can have a long time curing as no need for them for months so will be stowed away safely.

Headlight bowl was an odd colour too and had a few scratches that looked like painted over. So a rub down and rust preventer primer a couple of coats and then the same satin black for a couple of coats. Looks good now with no dents either. That also can get put away a cure for some months.

Next the job which tbh I wasn't looking forward too of masking the brake discs to repaint as good as possible.
Cleaned them as good a I could and so far have only masked the one as ran out of masking tape. Surprising how much one disc asks for. The basic masking is simple enough but its the having to cut around the rivets with a knife as close to the disc as possible without stopping the painting hitting the disc.

I got this as the best match I could find. I will not remove masking until I think its good enough colour match but looks alright against another painted disc.

Hope to get cracking with the discs tomorrow with a good result fingers crossed.

Last edited by Albie; 29-06-2015 at 07:21 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote