View Single Post
Old 20-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #68
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Great photos Albie...You should be the club historian..

Makes me more determined to get to next years Weekender...

You hinted at some comments Alan..
Don't know how to put this without offending...I'll try, as non is intended.

Looking forward to meeting up with some likeminded souls, but as the only breadwinner in a growing family. I'm finding it difficult to justify £185 on two nights board for just myself.
Looking at the hotel's menus I can't find anything I would want to eat , let alone cater for my "special dietary needs"....Just put me down as faddy...

I approached the hotel for a nights B&B with deposit to be paid via UKMOC, so's to keep eveything in order. After some long consideration, they have told me that I could have a room if there is one left after all the two or three night blocks are taken...Don't mind me, I'll sleep in the stables.
I can understand the hotel wanting to make the most possible money but it leaves me feeling excluded, and slightly offended.
Basically they are saying they have two or three night full board deals. take it or leave it.!

Now i am sure that the weekender does not revolve around the hotel, and I will get there one way or another, but I am sure there must be others thinking that the actual hotel deal is not going to suit them perfectly?

Something that a stalwart member mentioned to me, is that it may be difficult for some to find the deposit and commit so close before Chris####s. After all the new year is when most start to think about thier summer hols.

You are not to think of this as reflecting badly on your stirling efforts at organising this Alan. They are greatly appreciated by all..You probably already have me down as a miserable git anyway..

Maybe the "Brickwall" could be persuaded to have a bit more "give" in lieu of the considerable bookings that you have already taken....Good luck with that...