View Single Post
Old 21-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #23
johnypebs

Years ago I had a bmw r75/5 which had the sides of a gtx can jubilee clipped round the holes in the rotten silencers, I just borrowed my pal Mike's pipes off his r80 for the mot and swapped back later. Maybe we should have a club set of standard cans to borrow for the mot? or like smokers forcing other people to put up with passive smoking, maybe extraneous noise will just become socially unacceptable. I know that every time some arsepiece goes past in a £200 car with a £2000 stereo and a 'race' exhaust, driven badly by a twat wearing a baseball cap and ear-ring I think "who the f#ck are you trying to impress?" Maybe it's because I'm getting old but I saw no real difference between the aforementioned twat and myself, booming about the place with my Sils on, annoying people in bus 'Q's and otherwise quiet villages in rural Ayrshire, which is why I sold them. Another thing I noticed was that I was riding more agressively with the musical cans on, I also had this problem when I had a VFR with a Micron, acting out my fantasies on the road as the road racer I never was. Help, it's ****e getting old.