View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
dunlop0_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
I can easily see that, but then again, people who already have a bike CAN do a season on about 3k. Lots of people don't do every round too so I guess that brings down costs

Went ok thanks mate. Was last in all 3 races , but I expected that after the wake-up call of the test day.

Managed to knock well over a second off my qualifying time in the second race (down to about 1min 7.5 secs, no laughing Neil!! ), and although a little slower in the third race, I was still 0.5-0.75 seconds quicker than qualifying.

My target after the test day changed from "don't be last" to "beat my qualifying time and make sure I don't get lapped by every single other racer". Both were successful as I at least finished on the same lap as at least 1 other person so relatively happy

Had an annoying "Did Not Finish" in the second race: the winner crossed the line about 6 seconds behind me (I was 2 laps behind at this point) and he caught me in another half lap at which point we were all flagged back into the pits as the race was over. As I didn't cross the line to a chequered flad I got a DNF It was a technicality, and pretty annoying as that race had my fastest lap, so to not be classified was frustrating
Steve, I know the 2 lap thing is frustrating but if you look at last years results some where lapped 3 times. So not to bad then. In fact if memory serves in the first race last year all but the first 3 class B bikes got lapped.