View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #48
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1 View Post
All depends Steve on what you want. All in all DD last year with fuel, 12 sets of tyres, accomodation, test days and repairs from several off's cost me around 10K

But still worth it.
I can easily see that, but then again, people who already have a bike CAN do a season on about 3k. Lots of people don't do every round too so I guess that brings down costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
I hope it has gone ok for you mate
Went ok thanks mate. Was last in all 3 races , but I expected that after the wake-up call of the test day.

Managed to knock well over a second off my qualifying time in the second race (down to about 1min 7.5 secs, no laughing Neil!! ), and although a little slower in the third race, I was still 0.5-0.75 seconds quicker than qualifying.

My target after the test day changed from "don't be last" to "beat my qualifying time and make sure I don't get lapped by every single other racer". Both were successful as I at least finished on the same lap as at least 1 other person so relatively happy

Had an annoying "Did Not Finish" in the second race: the winner crossed the line about 6 seconds behind me (I was 2 laps behind at this point) and he caught me in another half lap at which point we were all flagged back into the pits as the race was over. As I didn't cross the line to a chequered flad I got a DNF It was a technicality, and pretty annoying as that race had my fastest lap, so to not be classified was frustrating
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote