View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
I too have had higher than expected bills from RC on occasion, but i dont think accusing them of padding the bill is at all fair

i have never known RC to do any work or fit parts unnecessarily but in fairness they should have been more proactive about contacting you before undertaking any extra work

having not seen the bike i couldn't be sure but its certainly possible for a chain and sprox to get shagged very fast if not cleaned, adjusted or lubricated properly (duati OEM chains arent the best anyway)
if the pads were rubbing, this could also acount for the abnormal wear, you did say the bike was 'strolling' from italy to greece. rubbing brakes could have been the reason for this

2.5 hrs labour to do all that work sounds fair imho

air filter again isnt normally that shortlived but i just spent 10 days in spain which added lots of dust to mine upon inspection (fortunately its the washable type). maybe your summer jaunt across the continent did not help

DIDZDVM 520 Chain - £127.80
14t Front Sprocket - £20.05
14t front sprocket lock plate - £5.70
Pads, Front x2 - £56.00
Belts, Cam x2 - £84.72
DCPR8E Plugs x2 - £12.12
Filter, air - £34.10
Filter, fuel x1 - £19.87
Filter, fuel o'ring assem - £12.48
5.1 brake fluid - £6.85
Consumables - £8.00
Filter, oil - £13.26
Sump gaskets x 2 - £1.80
3.4lts synthetic oil - £32.13
Labour (Full service & remove and replace final drive / fit 14t) - £225.00

the only thing on here that looks a little expensive is the chain, which could probabaly have been found online for less, but once you add postage theres prob only £10 in it. the DID ZVM chain is excellent. its a top quality heavy duty chain much better than the ducati OEM which im pretty sure if you enquired would not be much cheaper

im not affiliated with RC in anyway other than being a satisfied customer

totally understand how you feel, no one likes to feel like they have been fleeced but on balance RC are the people i trust with my bikes
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote