Thread: Rosso Corse
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
mrbryanmarshall

I've been using these guys for about a year. I do as much as possible myself but there are just somethings you can't do...like undoing the rear wheel if it's been tightened too much...

Speaking of which, they have a habit of over tightening nuts...or not enough. I took my bike in a year ago for a new chain. They forgot to tighten the pinch bolts which caused the bike to erm, be interesting...having said that they organised a pick up and fixed it that evening all free of course.

However, when it came to adjusting the chain tension. I couldn't get them undone. I took it into Metropolis - whom are massively expensive, but closer to home - and they had to get some bolt-eeze stuff on the bolts to get them out.

Besides these 2 minor things, I continue to use them and definitely recommend them. The labour costs are about 2/3rds of Metropolis (if not half) which is a massive saving. They are very friendly and know their stuff. Metropolis didn't want to fit supplied parts, these guys do. They have no problem with me bringing in wheel nuts and chains and sprockets that i've sourced but can't fit.

Another example: Metropolis wanted around £600 for a set of new tires plus fitting etc, these guys did it for around £230 all in. This was a while ago, but much cheaper than the alternative. Pirellis are Pirellis after all...

Again, highly recommended. The only problem is that I justify buying new bits for the bike from the saving on the labour etc for services and big maintenance bits... :P